- To provide stimulation and encouragement to residents through entertainment, activities and community links.
- To promote the Home by assisting with fund-raising events and functions.
- To build good relationships with the service users and their relatives.
- To act in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Home.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To formulate an activity profile for each individual service user through liaison with care staff.
- To ensure the safe and proper use of all equipment.
- To maintain accurate and legible records in respect of service users’ activities.
- To liaise with the senior nurse on duty with regard to outings.
- To research all prospective outings in respect of access and toileting facilities.
- To liaise with senior care assistants in respect of relative medical or nursing care information regarding service users.
- To be aware of correct manual handling techniques for each service user.
- To ensure the smooth running of the shop in respect of stock and keep accurate records of all financial transactions.
- To establish and maintain regular service user meetings.
- To carry out other duties as well and from time to time, as directed.
- To carry out all duties in a safe manner having regard to the Health and Safety of self, colleagues, service users and visitors to the Home.
- To ensure adherence to the Company ‘No smoking’ policy at all times whilst on site.