- To assist in the operation of the dining room as instructed by the head chef.
- Pay particular attention to the, Fire, Health, Safety and Hygiene regulations.
- Comply with all company policy issues, procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure correct uniform and personal hygiene is of the highest standard at all times.
- Participate in Company training to improve standards and performance.
- To provide a quality service as required for the service users.
- Complete any other duties as required/requested by the Head Chef or Manager.
- To work in Compliance with COSHH regulation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve lunch and other foods as required and in accordance with current hygiene regulations.
- Keep clean furniture, dining tables, chairs and mats.
- Change table cloths and napkins, ensuring these items are clean and ironed.
- Clean and polish all cutlery and glasses/crockery
- Prepare for the next meal as required.
- Menus changed daily on tables
- Ensure coffee area is well stocked, clean & Menus in place on lectern. Clean coffee machine daily & juice machine is changed every 5 days (dates recorded).
- Re lay tables after every meal to a high standard.
- Ensure all food orders are correctly issued to chef.
- Monitor all foods served to service users and rooms via hot/cold trolley, sweet trolley ensuring maximum hygiene standards and presentation.
- Understand the menu completely each day, and offer alternatives.
- Ensure refreshments are always available.
- Be efficient and professional when serving food.
- Stock take all table Linen, restaurant cutlery and crockery monthly and record.
- Ensure cleaning schedule is carried out daily
- Any other reasonable requests within the scope of the job asked by Manager or Head chef.
- To support the Home’s no smoking policy in the interests of Health & Safety and ensure smoking is not allowed on site.