- To perform a variety of fetching, carrying and other manual tasks in the kitchen and dining rooms.
- To perform a variety of tasks associated with food production in the catering department.
- To prepare and clear the tables for residents within the dining rooms.
- To act in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Home.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry meat, vegetables and other foodstuffs from the delivery vehicle to the storerooms.
- To carry out the cleaning of floors and walls.
- To empty waste bins.
- To scrape food waste from dirty crockery and pots and pans.
- To clean, wash and dry cutlery and glassware by hand or by machine.
- To load the dishwasher with crockery and kitchen equipment as appropriate.
- To ensure that all cutlery, crockery and glassware is clean and suitable for use.
- To wash floors and walls as determined by the cleaning schedule.
- To ensure adequate food stocks, crockery and cutlery are available for residents breakfasts.
- To lay the dining tables used by the residents with all the necessary equipment.
- To clear tables in liaison with nursing and care staff, wipe tables and replace table cloths and floral arrangements.
- To assist with the routine provision of beverages for residents.
- To act in accordance with COSHH, Health and Safety and Food Hygiene regulations.
- To prepare light refreshments and beverages for residents and visitors.
- To carry out other duties as well, and from time to time, be directed.
- To carry out all duties in a safe manner having regard to the Health and Safety of self, colleagues, residents and visitors to the Home.
- To support the Home’s no smoking policy in the interests of Health & Safety and ensure smoking is not allowed on site.