Full time or Part time available / Alternate weekends
PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE NOT OFFERING SPONSORSHIPS AT PRESENT
To provide a laundry service for residents’ personal clothing, flat linen, catering staff uniforms and other necessary items.
To act in accordance with policies and procedures of the home.
Duties and Responsibilities: –
- To sort, wash, dry and iron appropriately all items of personal and flat linen received into the laundry.
- To launder appropriately all cleaning equipment in accordance with the agreed schedules.
- To work in accordance with COSHH, Health and Safety and Local Authority regulations.
- To use all equipment in a safe and appropriate manner and to clean as necessary after use.
- To report to the Manager any damage, defects or hazard with laundry equipment.
- To check the state of repair of residents clothing, carry out minor repairs and ensure that it is clearly marked with the individual’s name.
- To inform the Manager of any damage or defects to clothing and bring it to the attention of the domestic supervisor.
- To ensure that all items of flat linen are in a good state of repair before returning to the units for the attention of the domestic supervisor.
- To sort unsuitable items and bring them to the attention of the Manager.
- To ensure the appropriate sorting of clothing.
- To secure the residents’ property and that of the Home.
- To attend fire evacuation and instruction sessions.
- To carry out all duties in a safe manner having regard to the Health and Safety of self, colleagues, residents and visitors to the Home.
- To ensure adherence to the Company ‘No smoking’ policy at all times whilst on site.